812-654-2444 Phone

812-654-3834 Fax

800-379-1800 Emergency
About  

Mr. Jack Caudra, an executive with a large natural gas public utility in Arkansas, along with a Mr. Charles Waters, an associate from that company, approached two local businessmen regarding the formation of a natural gas company to serve the needs of the small towns in Ripley and Dearborn Counties.

They all knew that if small towns were going to continue to exist, that an adequate and dependable supply of natural gas was required for residential, commercial, and industrial use.

The company was formed with the local businessmen supplying the major financing while Cuadra and Waters provided the expertise to build and operate the company. Those two local businessmen who invested in this new company were Mr. Chris Volz, Jr and Mr Sharon L (Boots) Bultman.

South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas Company was established and incorporated on May 28, 1966.

On November 13, 1981, Mr. Robert Wortman, as President of Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc., a similar utility serving small towns in Decatur, Hancock, Henry, Rush, and Shelby Counties, purchased South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas Co., Inc.

South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas Co., Inc. presently serves approximately 2,000 customers in Dearborn and Ripley counties with the objective of providing an adequate supply of natural gas for residential, commercial, and industrial needs at the least cost, without sacrificing safety and dependability.