Disconnection of Services:
To request a voluntary disconnection of utility service, please call the office or fill out the disconnect service form under customer service, at least three business days in advance. You will remain responsible for all usage and the related charges until we disconnect the service(s).
South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas Co., Inc. may disconnect your service without prior notice for the following reasons:
- A condition dangerous or hazardous to life, physical safety, or property exists
- An order is issued by the court, the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) or authorized public authority
- Fraudulent or unauthorized use is detected and the utility has reasonable grounds to believe the affected customer is responsible for use
- The utility's regulating or measuring equipement has been tampered with and the utility has reasonable grounds to believe that the affected customer is responsible for the tampering
South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas Co., Inc. may disconnect service for non-payment of services when:
- Previous balance has not been paid by close of business day on the 17th of the month. Note: A disconnection notice prints on the front of the monthly statement when there is a previous balance and the account is subject to disconnection of service
- A payment agreement with South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas Co., Inc. for a previous balance has not been followed
- A check is returned for payment of a past due balance; in addition a returned check fee will be charged to the account
- All payments must be received by end of business day on the 17th to avoid disconnection if paying the past due amount
When a service order is generated to disconnect service for non payment; a Collection Charge will be applied to the account. Refer to the back of the monthly statement for more details.
If your service has been disconnected, no after-hours reconnections will be preformed. This includes the hours between 5:00 pm and 8:00 am, Monday through Thursday and the weekend from 5:00 pm Friday through 8:00 am Monday. Any holiday office closing is also considered after-hours.
Prior to disconnection we offer a number of payment methods to make the process easier for the customer. Customers who are unable to pay a bill in full should notify our office as soon as possible to discuss options for payment. Agreements may be available to customers who qualify, but only if you contact our office more than 24 hours prior to the due date.
The Indiana Energy Assistance Program (EAP) provides financial assistance to low-income households to maintain utility services during the winter heating months. The program is implemented through Community Action Agencies with outreach offices in every county. Please contact the Community Action Agency in your area to learn about the appropriate funds available and the steps to submitting an application. You can find a link under information for assistance programs and information.
Why Natural Gas?
• Lower cost & better comfort
• Higher quality heat
• Reliable & safe
• A natural occurring energy source
• Made in the USA
Minimize Your Bill
• Install a programmable thermostat
• Keep window shades and draperies open during the day
• Have your furnace serviced
Natural Gas Tips
How to identify a possible gas leak:
rotten egg or sulfur odor
blowing or hissing sound